Compare and contrast politics and sports events or religion and sports events.
ompare and contrast politics and sports events or religion and sports events (i.e., opposing viewpoints). Using the CSU Online Library, locate two selections on sports and politics events or two selections on sports and religion events. Depending on the event you have chosen (sports/politics or sports/religion), ensure there are two opposing viewpoints (similarities and differences) to review. Write a two-page essay summarizing the piece and identifying the similarities and differences. Be sure to specifically address how the globalization of sports has affected the topic you choose (politics or religion).
Below are some possible ideas to compare and contrast.
- Who was involved?
- What were the key points/arguments?
- Were these points valid and/or logical?
- How did politics/religion play a role?
- What was the outcome?
- Did the outcome involve issues of money and power?
- How did this affect sports?
- Did the decision lead to better management of sport or sport play? If so, in what way?
- Which views do you support? Why?
- Which views do you refute? Why?
Include the following parts in your paper.
- Title page – Include the assignment title, Columbia Southern University, and your name.
- Introduction – Provide a brief Introduction of your selections and the connection to this chapter’s topic.
- Section comparing and contrasting first selection (Similarities/Differences)
- Section comparing and contrasting second selection (Similarities/Differences)
- Conclusion – Provide a brief conclusion wrapping up the elements of the selections and how they relate to the chapter topic
- Reference page – Include a reference page that lists the sources in proper APA format. If you also used content from our textbook, be sure to include this as a source in your reference page, as well. It is important that you provide the reader with enough information about your article so he/she will be able to locate the article.
Your essay must be at least two pages in length, not counting title and reference pages. Follow APA Style when constructing this assignment, including a title page, and in-text citations and references for all sources that are used.
Compare and contrast politics and sports events or religion and sports events